Friday, April 15, 2011

New painting

     I started a painting today, I may start a drawing later this week too.  I'm not sure if I can give a painting my full focus and when I start getting into thicker layers I might need something else to work on while it's drying.  So far I'm happy with my progress so far.  I'm trying something new with this.  I'm working with a simple composition and I'm working in layers.  I did a small experiment with the background and I like it.  I don't think I'd mind it so much if part of the portrait feathers into that space.  It might look nice.  Also as of right now the proportions of the photo don't match those of the canvas so I am going to have to get creative with the extra space.  So far I don't think it looks that bad, I was just working with some light washes, in warm colors (yellow, orange, red and brown). 

No comments: