Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Framing artwork and updates on my drawing

I'm still behind in this but still I have no concrete deadline, so I have been putting it off. Especially with the holiday season, and my husband's new job schedule. I have spent some time researching paints, I've settled on a brand. I am debating stretching my own canvas. All I would need would be a hammer, a staple gun and space. I think I could get the space to do it in my grandparent's basement. Though before I go spending the money on paint, I have at least two pieces I have to frame. I really can't find anything on how to make your own frame, at least when I looked before. The larger piece is 27.75 inches high, when I have it framed I need it to be under 36 inches or I can't submit it for the show. I want to find out how much it well be to get it framed this weekend so I can submit the forms on Monday or Tuesday. Though if anyone has created their own frames and would like to explain to be how to do so that would be great. Although I'm not sure if I would have the tools to do that anyway.

As for my drawing I have a small amount of progress, especially with the sketching of the second face. I should have the first figure completed soon. I'll be working on it tonight for sure, I've set aside some time to do it.
In general I'm pretty happy with how it's going, now I'm unsure about the chin, but I'm still not done with it. I'm having a bit of a difficult time with hair, but that's a usual thing for me. I used to be challenged immensely by ears, I'm taking on two in this composition, though I'm a little more secure about them now. Mouths and hair seem to be my biggest challenge now. I had a hard time with her mouth but I think it worked out pretty well.

No comments: