Sunday, October 11, 2009

I got a bit more work done on my drawing tonight. I had a bit of a hard time smoothing out the arm, but I'm pretty happy with it. I'm going to have to define my borders soon and decide if I want to put in the grid of the side walk in the background, I'm thinking lightly defining it in the background. I took a detail shot of the bear's face because I'm just really happy with the little detail of the stitching I added to the nose.
I have decided to take a small break from painting. It's frustrating me beyond belief. I will finish my painting but I just need a break from it. After I finish it though I'll be deciding whether or not to continue painting (I'm still not sure about it). All I know is right now I'm really happy to be working on a drawing again.

One last thing, I've nominated myself for the Baker Artist's Awards. One of the awards is based off a voting system, so if you like my work and wouldn't mind taking the time to register and vote for me my entry can be found here: http://www.bakerartistawards.org/users/view/jessicamckelvin
You have to register to vote, and if you are a Baltimore Artist you can also nominate your own work.

No comments: