Monday, August 17, 2009
I'm learning not look for a finished product in any part of this, just to look for a right direction. Nothing is perfect or exactly where I want it to be but this is ok. I can go back in and fix it after I get a bit more filled in and know what exactly is wrong and how to fix it. I also experimented a bit with the background in an attempt to clear some remaining paint off my palette. Which I spent a good bit of time tonight just trying to clean half off. (Easy clean, it is not.) So I didn't get a lot done tonight. Also I got a bit too much water in the paint for the lips and I need that to dry. I started to move into the hand a little. That will be fun. I'm not sure how I feel about the background either. I think I'm going to let it sit and see how I feel about it. If I hate it I'll just follow the reference photo and add the fence and trees. I think I might try to lay in some more of the hands tomorrow with the remaining flesh tone that I have mixed and see how that works out. I'd like to clean off my whole palette but I don't want to waste that last bit of flesh tone, I have some of the reds and orange left but those as well as the flesh tone are drying out quickly now. I'm working on a solution to keep my paints from drying out so quickly, past a few days and I start getting a film. I'd like to extend that time a bit.