Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Some progress from last night


Despite writing now I did take the photo last night. I'm thinking maybe the nose looks a little lopsided. Either the left side is too low or the right is too high. I'm leaning more toward the left being too low. The dark line under the nose should not be there in the finished piece it's just reference right now. I'm feeling a bit better about the nose, a few more tweaks and it should be about right or at least as good as it's going to get. I think I'll completely finish the face then work on the hair. Though maybe I should work on some of the background before I do the hair. I'm still not sure what I'm doing with the background. I though I'd either use the fence or incorporate a pattern from an old Thai painting but nothing really struck me. I don't think I really want just a plain colored background though. I should be working on this tonight. I'm trying to get back into the groove of working everyday on something at least a little. I've really been enjoying painting and I'm really happy with the skin tone, despite not being perfect it's much better than most of my older work from high school.

No comments: