Monday, August 10, 2009

Some progress, after a bit of a break

I've made some progress on the painting. I still have a lot to fix but my knee started to hurt so I felt it was time to stop. Most of what I need to fix is on the left side of the face. This photo really doesn't look as much like the painting as I would have hoped. I think the right side of the face looks better in real life, maybe it's the reflective areas in the photo or something that make it looks odd. I need to push the dark though in some areas, I'm just having a hard time getting the right colors. I think I may need one more tube of paint, a darker brown. I may just finish this fine without it though. I did get a new palette. It's just clear plastic and I got with a 40% off coupon at AC Moore. I will be working on this tomorrow if I can keep that promise to myself.

No comments: