Thursday, February 4, 2010

A Bit of Inspiration: Pam Powell

http://pampowell.com/

I just got the new issue of Artist's Magazine yesterday, and I found an interesting article on Pam Powell. I see some similarities between her work and mine, and some of what I strive for. I love that she works with those small fleeting moments in life that can be so beautiful in their simplicity. Sometimes that is what I am working to strive for. I also love that she uses photoshop as a way to "sketch." She will sometimes edit two photos together to get the right composition which I just don't have the confidence to do. Mostly I depend on just getting the right photo the first time, but of course I also can't afford to hire models like she does. Right now I work with the models available to me, my family and I. I enjoy the dramatic lighting in her work, the shapes of light, all really add to emotion of each piece.

2 comments:

We Blog Artists said...

it's gorgeous her work...thanks for sharing!
Char

Caio Fern said...

her work is so wonderful .
every single detail .
thank you for this post Jessica .