Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Bua Loi - Love (A working title)

I got some work done on my painting and I'm actually starting to like the cheek and the area around the eye. I posted a photo of my palette as of right now just for fun. Also this palette looks neat, and the rubber part is comfortable when you are holding it but the plastic surface stains easily and the plastic part is separating from the wood core since I washed it once. Though despite some not so great review about the water soluble oils, I'm having a better experience with them than expected. At least with the Holbein Duo Aqua Water Soluble Oils I'm not having a problem at all. The texture is smooth, I'm not having any stickiness, and they dilute well in water. Maybe it's because I haven't work with regular oils in years but from what I remember they are just about the same, minus the smell of course and the need for turpentine. I also wanted to say that for the most part my color choices have been working out. I worked from a list of colors from another artist's palette in an Artist's Magazine article. Their style is similar to what I want to achieve, I used mostly their colors but then added in a few I remembered from high school.

1 comment:

Kaye said...

This is looking really good! You do awesome work! The black and white drawing was really good also! Is good to know what the water soluble oils are like. I don't like the smell and turp either. Thanks for sharing and can't wait to see the final results of your painting!!!!