Saturday, December 12, 2009

New projects

I've sorted through reference photos and come up with some ideas for new drawings. I was originally planning to work on my painting again, but I have just lost all passion and drive toward it. I enjoyed painting it at first but then I just became frustrated with whole thing. I may eventually go back to it or I may end up trashing it one day. For now it will sit. I may try to paint again, though I think I might be better suited to acrylic. Most of all I need to get over all the stigma I feel. Some of it relates to my art classes in high school. I've been feeling that as an artist I should paint, and not only should I paint but I should use oil paint. I felt like it was something I had to strive to, like I couldn't be successful or taken seriously if I didn't. Though maybe in the end my drawings will help me stand out more, and right now that's what I'm going to focus on. I think my next drawing will be black and white, probably charcoal. I have one reference photo that I think would look great on colored paper. I'm also planning to work larger again soon. Though not as large as "Angelic" and "Angel on my Shoulder" because the drawing board I used for that has since fallen apart. I also have a few reference photos lined up for colored pencil work. As always I'm also thinking ahead to other pieces. Not just my "moments of life" work but also looking into some more conceptual ideas, along the lines of "Angelic" and "Angel on my Shoulder."

No comments: