Sunday, December 27, 2009

"Window Light"

I've finished my latest drawing, and I'm not as happy with it as I could be. I'm a bit frustrated with the texture of the paper. I don't like the background or the one arm very much. I think the face still needs work, but I like the hair. Anyway I've decided I'm done working with it, because I'm just getting more and more frustrated and it just feels like I'm going around in circles. I think it could be better but it's not horrible. For my next drawing I'm just going to cut off a piece of that white paper from the huge roll I have. I want to work a little larger but it's not going to be much more than 18" x 24" because I'm limited by the size of my drawing board. I think I have a good idea of which reference photo to use (I was trying to decide to between two).

No comments: