Monday, March 15, 2010

More progress

Once again I'm wondering what I've gotten myself into. That seems to be my new theme. This is proving to be a huge challenge for me. I'm starting to get used to the colored pencil, I still think it's the more difficult media that I work in right now. I seem to be challenging myself lately. I just realized that I've never really done a ring before. This angle on the face is a problem and difficult time with the hair (I struggle with hair a lot). So far I like the ring, though I may have put it a little high on the finger, I think I can make it work though. The foreshortening in the finger is driving me crazy and I don't like the left part of the forehead right now. I'm just going to keep working through it though.
I honestly didn't spend that much time working on this tonight, but I did need to step away from it. I was starting to feel like giving up and starting over. Now I feel better about it though. I just need to work on a few things a bit more and it will be fine.

2 comments:

Magaly Guerrero said...

Art in general is so amazing and the best part is to see an artist create beauty right before your eye. Your work is beautiful.

Magaly Guerrero said...

I doubt anyone has to tell you how beautiful your work is, but I left you a little something on my writing blog to remind you anyway

http://magalyguerrero.blogspot.com/2010/03/stuck-on-theme.html