Monday, March 29, 2010

Start of something new

My first thought is that it's odd to be starting with the mouth, and also I don't know what I was thinking starting with my least favorite part of my face. I really don't like my mouth at all. Though my theme lately has been all about challenges. I don't know, maybe after all this I'll like my mouth a little more, see the beauty in it. I'm struggling right now but I think I need to remember to separate myself from it a bit, and just look at the color, shadow and contour. If I don't focus on what it is and what I don't like about it maybe I can see the beauty of it. And if I can see the beauty I can translate that into my work. I'm not sure if you can see that the shoulder sketched in, but this is the next one in my jewelry series that I'm working on. I'm loosely calling it my jewelry series, but it's also about cropping the face and challenging myself.
I'll work more tomorrow. I'm really excited about this, the simplicity and the color should be interesting.

No comments: