Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Small update


I'm actually pretty happy with what I did tonight. I think maybe some of my proportions may be off on the fish head/eye area, but I don't think it really makes a huge difference. I didn't use the gold pencil and I really like the gold color that I was able to create with the yellows.

I did come across something that confused me a bit. Some colored pencil work is considered drawings and others are considered paintings. I thought because of the nature of the media, my work would be considered a drawing. I pretty much use the same technique I would use with charcoal and pastels (would I use pastels). I consider my charcoal and colored pencil work because I consider them a dry media. Though I did get an email explaining two colored pencil painting techniques. It would seem that the technique that I use would be considered painting. Though I'm not sure why. I think I'll definitely have to find some books on colored pencil. In school (high school and college) colored pencil was never formally covered. I've kind of gotten into this media on my own, so I don't know a good bit of the technical side. So if anyone has an opinion on the subject, or has some knowledge to share, I'd love to hear it.

No comments: