Sunday, January 4, 2009

Drawing

Yep, it's an ear. It's not much in the way of progress but I'm pretty happy about it. It's something solid in the way of that second figure. Also I almost never start drawing a person at the ear. I usually start at the eyes. I think the ear is a bit closer to the other figure's chin than it should be but I think it will work out for the best. I think more of the face will fit in the composition properly. I may have just lost a bit of hair in the move but really nothing major. I've had a hard time trying not smear the work I've already got done. I did find putting a pen under my arm helped quite a bit.
Overall I'm pretty nervous about this second figure. I can't even get the sketching of the eye quite right, also it's not often that I do a drawing, or painting for that matter, with two figures. I'm worried about getting the proportions correct in relation to each other. This drawing is proving to be more of a challenge for me than I originally thought. But the challenge is good.
I'm still unsure if the background should be black or white. I'm still leaning more toward white. Though I'm thinking I may come in with a 4B pencil when I'm done and darken up some of the shadows a bit. Maybe even use a 6B in the hair. I think it will definitely up the depth a bit to bring in some darker shading. I could probably even push it more with my 2B, but I think I'll get the second figure done and then go back over it.

No comments: