Friday, January 30, 2009

Polynesian Slumber progress

I've been working for a bit this afternoon, mostly just trying to sketch in the dress and the arm. I'm a bit worried about angle of the head. Though I think I worked it out a bit, and it's looking a bit better. I'm happy with the flowers that I sketched in. I'm a bit unsure if I want to keep going with the brown as the under sketch. I think I may keep it going down into the dress, but just keep it lighter. I think it will work out fine in the shadows but I'll do better with leaving more white paper this time around down in the dress. I still need to draw in the other two borders. Because I seem to have drawn the face on an angle it's making a bit hard to me to determine where to put the bottom border. I'll figure it out. I want to sketch everything in the dress in with pencil then come back with the brown. Then I'll probably move on to the next layer in the dress, a light red layer. I may update later tonight or tomorrow with more progress.

No comments: